Race For Life 2018
Organisers of the UK’s largest women-only fundraising event series are calling on ladies in the South of England to pick a Race for Life event to suit their personal pace and sign up as soon as possible.
This year, there are a number of Race for Life events to choose from - including the much-loved 5k and 10k events, as well as Hike, Half Marathon, Pretty Muddy, and the brand new Pretty Muddy Kids challenge. So, whatever your fitness level, there’s a Race for Life for everyone.
One in two people in the UK will be diagnosed with cancer at some stage in their lives, but the good news is more people are surviving the disease now than ever before. Cancer survival in the UK has doubled since the early 1970s and Cancer Research UK’s work has been at the heart of that progress.
By signing up to Race for Life, women in the South of England will make a real difference in the fight against cancer. Money raised will help Cancer Research UK scientists find new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat the disease, helping save more lives.
To sign up for your local Race for Life event go to raceforlife.org or call 0300 123 0770
10 things to know about Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life
- Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life is a series of fun and inspiring women-only events raising money for research to help beat over 200 types of cancer;
- Race for Life started as one event in 1994 at Battersea Park. Today, it is the UK’s largest women-only fundraising event series with over 380 events around the UK;
- Every year, women of all ages, abilities, shapes and sizes unite to take part in Race for Life;
- There’s a Race for Life event to suit everyone – choose from 5k, 10k, Pretty Muddy, Pretty Muddy Kids, Half Marathon and Hiking challenges;
- You can take part your way - Race for Life events are non-competitive and it’s not about being first to the finish. Participants can choose to walk, jog, run, skip or dance their way around!
- Look the part on event day with the official Race for Life merchandise range - from slogan T-shirts and sweaters to wristbands and accessories;
- Volunteers play a vital part in the success of Race for Life events - there are roles for both men and women and it’s a great way to connect with your local community;
- Money raised through Race for Life will help Cancer Research UK scientists find new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat the disease, helping save more lives;
- In 2018, Cancer Research UK hopes to recruit 400,000 women and raise £38m to help fund vital life-saving research;
- To sign up for your local Race for Life event go to raceforlife.org or call 0300 123 0770