The Ultra Challenge Series with the Fire Fighters
The Ultra Challenge Series is a 9-event programme of long-distance tests (usually 100k) across some of the finest countryside in England. The series is organised by The Fire Fighters Charity and, whether it's along magnificent coastal scenery, or in stunning open countryside the events offer an unforgettable experience.
Run, jog or walk at your pace on events that include the Isle of Wight, London2Brighton, The Thames Path and the North Downs 50 (50k). Join 20,000 others of all ages and experience for an unforgettable challenge. Choose from different distances and reduce your registration fee by fundraising for The Fire Fighters Charity.
The people working in our fire and rescue services see, hear and experience trauma on a daily basis, bringing calm professionalism to environments of often intense emotion and stress. But the impact of that work, whether as a one-off event or through prolonged exposure, can have a life-changing impact on an individual’s mental health and wellbeing. The Fire Fighters Charity is uniquely placed to help.
Having supported fire fighters and their families with their physical health and psychological wellbeing since 1943, we understand the impact that their work can have on their mental health. Our specialist teams, facilities and tailor-made environments allow us to provide support that is specific to the fire services community, utilising decades of experience to equip our beneficiaries with the tools they need to manage their mental health and physical rehabilitation.
- Isle of Wight Challenge – 4/5 May
- London 2 Brighton Challenge – 25/26 May
- Jurassic Coast Challenge – 8/9 June
- Cotswold Way Challenge – 29/30 June
- Peak District Challenge (NEW FOR 2019!) – 13/14 July
- Chiltern Challenge (NEW ROUTE FOR 2019!) – 27/28 July
- South Coast Challenge – 31 Aug /1 Sept
- Thames Path Challenge – 7/8 Sept
- Thames Bridges Trek – 7 Sept
- North Downs Challenge (NEW FOR 2019!) – DATE TBC