Top London retailer Profeet is aiming to make running a better experience for women. They are responding to concerns that female runners are not currently making the best choices in shoes and bras. Concerns they will be addressing on Wednesday 11 June when they are hosting a special women’s running evening in their Fulham store.
The aim of the evening is to educate women on the when, how and why of issues relating to women-specific running. Recent surveys have shown that some worrying stats about women’s running, including 80% of women are wearing the wrong sized bra while 75% of women do not even wear a proper sports bra when exercising. In addition over 60% of women who are assessed at Profeet wear shoes that are least half size too small.
The special evening starts at 6.30pm and includes:
- Free drinks and nibbles from 6.30pm;
- Talk from Profeet ambassador Simone Dailey - DBA Sports team member (Ironman athlete and Personal Trainer);
- Free sports bra fitting and education by Moving Comfort (leading sports bra specialist), who will be on hand to answer any questions and help with fitting;
- Free shoe fitting and shoe fitting education with sample shoes to test run, with expert shoe advice by Profeet staff and representatives from Brooks Running;
- A limited amount of Anna Frost’s new Salomon running range available;
- Goody bag for attendees which includes a 15% discount voucher for Profeet, an Ultrasport energy snack, as well as Brooks and Moving Comfort goodies.
Full details of the special evening at the Profeet website.